- You can be annoyed because your husband left whiskers in the sink.
- You can smile fondly because you have a man in the house.
- You can be irritated with the two-year-old who spilled milk on the table.
- You can patiently wipe up spilled milk, knowing this season is short.
- You can be full of self-pity because you have to homeschool these kids.
- You can be utterly grateful for the privilege of having your children home with you.
Sometimes our circumstances are a wake-up call about our thoughts:
- When your brother-in-law has just been killed in a car accident, you’re suddenly grateful for another day with your husband.
- When your older son has left home for college and a new chapter of life, all of a sudden you appreciate the ten-year-old still at home.
- When you realize that your kids will be adults most of their lives, you’re thankful for the moments you get to spend with them.