The new year is just around the corner and it’s a great time to get a fresh start in your life. Whether you want to get in shape, manage your time or get a handle on your house cleaning, take advantage of the extra feeling of motivation this time of year to accomplish some easy and doable tasks.
- Clean out three drawers or cabinets in the kitchen. Empty them out, throw away accumulated spare parts and wipe them out with a warm, soapy cloth. Replace everything neatly and enjoy the space. Do three more next week.
- Buy a new journal and begin a new habit. Use it to not only record your spiritual journey, but to explore your thoughts, journal your feelings, take notes and make lists.
- Supervise a deep-clean of children’s bedrooms before school starts!
- Browse through a decorating magazine or book from the library to get inspiration for some winter décor for end tables, the coffee table, the mantel or other surfaces.
- Think through what you want your life to look like this year. Write it in your journal and it will help you make decisions. Will an activity or task get you closer to the life you want? If not, say no or make adjustments.
- Declutter your clothing closet. Get rid of clothes you don’t like. Life is too short to dress ugly.
- Buy some new underwear. Make sure it’s pretty—don’t settle.
- Add some fun or relaxing activities to your schedule. Shopping, baths by candlelight, reading and pedicures make me feel refreshed, so they will be added to my schedule. How about a regular “Mom’s Night Out” or “Mom’s Afternoon Out?”